My Private Chemist, 2-8 Victoria Avenue, London, EC2M 4NS
Our pharmacists and staff are members of your local healthcare team.
They aim to provide you with the highest quality of healthcare. To do this they need to keep records about you, your health and the care we have provided or plan to provide to you.
We know that you value your privacy and the security of personal information held about you.
As part of providing a professional, safe and efficient service, there is certain information that we record. This includes details of drugs and appliances dispensed against prescriptions as well as significant advice given, and referrals made to other health professionals and any other relevant information.
Information recorded may include:
• basic details about you, such as address, date of birth, next of kin
• records of medicines you have been prescribed by your doctor or another qualified prescriber, and which have been supplied by this pharmacy
• details of medicines purchased from the pharmacy without a prescription (“over the counter medicines”)
• other details and notes about your health and medical treatment
• information relevant to your continued care from other people who care for you and know you well, such as other health professionals and relatives
• any other services we provide to you, for example, a flu vaccination.
We process your personal data, which includes:
information from your prescriptions and any other pharmacy and health care services we provide to you (including medicines use reviews, flu vaccinations, stop smoking services etc.) for the purposes of:
• your care – providing pharmacy services and care to you and, as appropriate, sharing your information with your GP and others in the wider NHS
• our payments – others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities, and only limited information to those external to the NHS who negotiate and check the accuracy of our payments
• management – sharing only limited information with the NHS Business Services Authority and others in the wider NHS, and sometimes Local Authorities; as well as those external to the NHS who ensure we maintain appropriate professional and service standards and that your declarations and ours are accurate.
We process your personal data in the performance of a task in the public interest for the provision of healthcare and treatment. A pharmacist is responsible for the confidentiality of your information.
You have the right to confidentiality under the General Data Protection Regulation and [the Data Protection Act 2018] and the common law duty of confidence.
We also comply with the GPhC Code of Practice on Confidential Information and pharmacists have a requirement under their professional standards to keep records about you confidential, secure and accurate.
All of our staff contracts of employment contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.
Our guiding principle is that we process your records in strict confidence.
Your right to view your health record
You have the right to ask for a copy of all pharmacy records about you (generally in paper or electronic form).
Generally, there will be no charge for a printed copy of the information we hold about you. We are required to respond to your request within one month.
You will need to give adequate information in order for pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, full name, address and date of birth). You will be required to provide ID, for example a passport, full driving licence or credit/debit card before any information is released to you.
If you think any information we hold on you is inaccurate or incorrect, please let us know.
You may object to us holding your information.
You may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Our Data Protection Officer is TBA contactable at TBA
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by My Private Chemist. My Private Chemist is your data controller*.
Where enabled, the white label online shopping function on this site is provided by My Private Chemist
• My Private Chemist take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
• Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site – online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
• Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by My Private Chemist
• My Private Chemist is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
• My Private Chemist privacy policies are available here and here.
• Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK. My Private Chemist may at times process or transfer encrypted personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. My Private Chemist shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
• We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
• You may review, edit, or delete your information at any time via your profile.
• Information you delete from your profile held in our systems may still be held by your data controller, My Private Chemist in other records held or systems used by My Private Chemist for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations, record keeping and business processing such as a your Patient Medical Record and VAT records.
• If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
• If you use the online repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email or sms updates on your prescription request and automated email or sms reminders if you request them. If you use The Bewell mobile app for Android or IOS provided by us for My Private Chemist , in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
• Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. All your personal information is stored in the UK. Your information can only be accessed by My Private Chemist and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this service.
• The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
• However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
• Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help My Private Chemist understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you. With your permission only, My Private Chemist may in future use this information to:
o Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by My Private Chemist for private services.
o Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
o Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
• My Private Chemist may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
• My Private Chemist may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
• My Private Chemist may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us as a processor for our customer My Private Chemist may be one of the transferred assets.
• Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
o the administration of justice
o where we have to defend ourselves legally
o complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
o to protect or defend the rights or property of My Private Chemist or users of our services.